Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting The Details

You get a line and I'll get a pole, Honey,
You get a line and I'll get a pole, Babe,
You get a line and I'll get a pole,
We'll go fishin' in the crawdad hole,
Honey, Baby mine.


Carol walked up carrying two tree limbs about three foot long and said, "These should do." I had the twine in hand and we married the two materials together, and off to the creek we went. We were going crawdad catchin'.

Crawdad catchin' is something neither one of us have done in probably forty years, but both remember what fun it was.

The main reason I wanted to go crawdad catchin' today, besides having fun, is so I could take a picture of the real deal.



It seems like every time I sit down at the tying bench to tie a crawdad pattern, I cannot for the life of me remember exactly what a crawdad looks out. Sure... I know the basic form or outline, but when it comes to the exact layout I get confused.

So today, we caught a number of crawdads and I got one good picture which is going on the wall in the fly-tying room.

No comments: