Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Stripping Down On The Blue

Sure... go ahead and call me nature boy, but I love stripping down.  No, I'm not talking about the kind of stripping down I practiced as a younger man.  I love stripping a bugger while it's down river of me on the prettiest little river; this current of the greater prairie ocean, known as Blue River.

It was another superb morning on Blue.  An angler could not ask for better conditions than what was waiting fishermen and women this morning.  Today, it had been nine days since the last stocking and I wasn't for sure how hard the trout had been fished and if there were a fair number or not left. 

Upon arriving at the river I already had a tandem rig tied on under a strike indicator so I simply started out with that offering.  However, I wasn't getting any interest at all.  I ripped everything off and put into employment a size 12 olive wooly bugger and sent the bugger out to sea.  It didn't take long for the bugger to prove his service.

The next ten casts resulted in ten bows to hand.  I could have stayed all day I guess, but word came of problems back at the mercantile store so I left the river thankful for the time spent. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: