Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Carp Crusades - "Another One Bites The...

...no, not dust but black Backstabber.

I went to the same place at the same time and fished the same fly as yesterday. The only thing different about today is that I planted the fly directly in front of a duo of carp and both took notice. Yesterday, I had to plant the fly several feet upstream and let it bounce down.




I still don't know what triggers a take. There are so many refusals and then all of a sudden one carp decides he's hungry and sucks the fly in. Interesting.

Both days I started fishing at 3 o'clock and the sun is behind me at this time which causes me to cast a shadow and that's not helping. Also, at this time of day the glare on the water is a lot to deal with even with polarized glasses. Think I'll try a mid-morning adventure and see what happens.

The smaller fish wanted to play also and this cause some competition for the fly. I could see bass swimming here and there and a good number of panfish also.




I ended up loosing the black Backstabber to a rock so I better get on the vice tonight. There was another fly I had picked to try today but guess it fell off my dry patch. I'm pretty sure Chris Adams tied this fly and it had a tail of super hair or something, body was flash-a-bou, and it had beadchain eyes painted green. Don't know the name of it but it reminds me of an olive damsel imitation. Think that fly would've worked today if I hadn't lost it.

No comments: