Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, March 1, 2010

A Testy River

This past weekend I got to visit the river and it was one of those days when you question yourself whether you should have made the trip or not. In other words...I was feeling quite poorly and with the ole energy level being low I didn't bring a lot of enthusiasm to share with Blue. Shame on me.

Saturday, the river was still quite off-colored with a visibility of at best two feet. Fishing, at least for me, was off and I only captured four bows in the three hours I was there.

However, the anglers that prefer bait seem to be doing rather well even though the fishing was slow, and there are still some big bows left in the river.



Jon Bolig, (right) captured this four pound ten ounce bow in Area 2. His accomplice on the left is Kody Young whom was fishing with Jon on Saturday. It was a beautiful fish and there are a number equally as beautiful still in the river.

The river is up and the current is stronger than usual. The haze in the river is effecting some of us in our fishing but hopefully the river will clear more in the days to come.

No comments: