Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Carp Crusades - Release The Kraken

Releasing the Kraken certainly wasn't a problem for me today.

Arriving at the Well Springs directly after work I was sneaking through the tall grasses when I spotted two carp in the middle of the creek, and holy Toledo, one...was...a...monster! This fish would've went thirty inches if an inch.

On the end of my lariat was the same white cactus chenille streamer that took carp yesterday and I palm rolled it to the fish. He liked what he saw and the battle was on!

The problem was where I chose to throw down at this fish... right in the middle of the creek about ten feet away from a log jam. That log jam was where the Kraken lives and he wanted to go home. Three times I pulled him away from his doorstep, but shortly after the third... the 3X gave way.

The carp won today. I went home with no carp to hand and shy one more fly.

Now, where's that damn 2X?

No comments: