Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cloudburst Fishing


Boy... the sky over the prairie ocean decided to open full throttle for about an half-hour this morning.  The rain came down hard and heavy, and Rock Creek muddied right away.  However, I still had to give it a try.  It was mainly blind fishing, but two or three times I could see the image of a carp on the bank fringes. 

I hooked up with this guy on the blind, even though I could see his tail.  I never saw him suck the Carpola Charlie orange/olive, but did feel him take off with it.



Now, yesterday it was Rock Bass and the perch that were robbing me of opportunities for carp.  Today, it was catfish.  The Carpola Charlie took both of these kitty-cats, and I'm beginning to believe the Carpola might just catch trout too. 

We'll find out in about fifty or so days.

No comments: