Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Powder Puff Carpola Charlie

P!nk performing at a secret London gig to prom...Image via Wikipedia




I like Pink.  No, not the color, but that fabulous entertaining, Cirque du Soleic performing, kinda-sorta out-there singing female. 

As far as the color pink - it doesn't do a lot for me.  But, at the Walls Discount Center yesterday, they had a good selection of fly tying material at 40% off.  A package of pink shaded silli-legs caught my attention, and since we use legs on the Carpola Charlie, I thought... "Why not?"  So I grabbed a package. 

Now whether the carp of Rock Creek will like this color combination or not, is a matter of putting it in front of them to see what happens.   



We have used shrimp and crawdad patterns with shades of pink, so perhaps this idea is not so far fetched afterall. 

As soon as the creek clears up, I'm going to find out. 




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Robin said...

Once it gets very deep red is the first color to wash out. So it'd be some shade of gray?

Kudos on scoring a deal on materials!