Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, February 10, 2014

Simple And Rare

For a third of a century I've known that Blue River is a special and unique place.  For almost as many years I've also known that the fly fishing family is quite special.  And, for the last several years I've held a belief that the one pattern fly event we have is growing to be something special in itself.  Saturday, my belief in this was bolstered.

I tromped through the snow Saturday afternoon to the front of the bunkhouse and reached in the mail box.  As I sorted through the mail my eyes suddenly saw a true treasure. 

These days we live in a world of emails, text messages, Facebook, and even blogs like this one.  Hand written letters have become a rarity, but Saturday I had one in my hand. 

The note was from a gentleman I've yet to meet, but somehow feel like I already know him or at least should.  His note was hand written, thoughtful, heartfelt, and ever so precious.  I found this so delightful I want to share it with everyone. 

I don't know what size t shirt Mr. Cash might wear and I'm not quite sure if I'll have an extra shirt left over from the Fly Classic.  If I do, however, one is headed John's way. 

No comments: