Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Carp Crusades - Lunch Hour Carp

I am quite thankful to be so very blessed with all the water that surrounds me. Generally I don't take a lunch hour but today being so very slow at work, I knew I was close to a meltdown... so forty-five minutes was taken for lunch.

Of course there wasn't a cheeseburger involved in all of this but there was a San Juan worm ball. The wind has been absolutely incredible the last two or three days and Rock Creek is again one big waterway for a flotilla of tassels. Also, the creek has turned milky again which makes seeing extremely difficult.

I got lucky and spotted a lone carp in the shallows on the near bank and made a cast to him. For me it was a good cast landing about eight or ten inches in front of him and he was on it in less than five seconds.



After battling this gladiator I looked for others to joust with but saw few, and the few that were seen were hiding in the dark shades from the over-hanging trees and such. I did target one shadow being able to see the head of the beast. He turned and came right on top of the fly, but not being able to see his mouth I relied on Zen... and my Zen proved short today.

Perhaps my Zen will be better in the days to come.

No comments: