Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Sunday, June 12, 2011

And Why Do Carp Jump?

It's a question I've found myself asking over and over.  Charlie and I call these jumping carp clown carp because they are reminding of a circus clown doing somersaults and acrobatics. 

For quite sometime it's been my belief that these carp jump in order to cleanse their skin, fins, or some part of their body.

Jim Burns over at LA River  Fly Fishing has now asked the question and even put a poll up to get other opinions from the fly fishing for carp community.

Visit the LA River Fly Fishing blog and participate in the poll... it will interesting to see the answers. 

3 comments:

Robin said...

Well, Id heard the spawning explanation, which seems to hold water. But then I found this interesting explanation as well.
http://croixblanche.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/why-do-carp-jump/

panchobandit said...

I enjoy your blog and love your pictures.I would love to see some new pics of Blue River and some of Scotty and his place when you get the chance....Thanks,Blue River Fan

Barry said...

You've got it my friend. Plan on taking a lot of pictures of Blue in the near future. Stay tuned.