Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Derby Sunday

2009/2010 Trout Season - Day Eight Fishing

Miss Carol and I broke camp on derby Saturday because she had to work Sunday plus rain was predicted for Sunday and there's nothing worse than trying to deal with a wet tent.

At home Sunday morning Carol's alarm clock sounded like a siren from hell at 3:30 a.m. as I literally pushed myself from a horizontal position. I was still wore out from derby Saturday.

After several cups of coffee I loaded myself in the Prairie Schooner and headed for Blue arriving shortly before six o'clock. Chris Adams was up so being the true bum I am at times I was able to panhandle a good cup of coffee from this brother of the angle.

At six-thirty I had found a vacancy and believe it or not... it was just above the crossing. I quickly threw down stakes claiming my wellspring of good fortune that no man would be so bold to try and take.

By seven...I had my six derby trout...all twinkies...no remarkable size to any.

I now found myself with about six hours of time to kill on the river so I drove back to Seventeen and had myself a little beauty nap. I'm told that nap was a waste of time as far as cosmetic therapy...but it sure felt good. Had me a beer about mid-morning and then drove to Scotty's to counter the effects of the beer with a cup of his coffee. My poor body doesn't know what to expect.

I decided to fish a little more and before derby Sunday was said and done I must have caught thirty or more bows.

The rains came about eleven and that sent many people a-packin' and the attendance at the final weigh-in was light.

There was 190 participants in this November's derby which is a light crowd compared to the record of 283 set back in 2002.

Scotty did say he would like to see a bigger crowd for February, so stayed tuned folks...I figure we'll be working on that goal.

No comments: