Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, November 15, 2010

Vintage Unique Reel?

For the trout derby, Scotty came into ownership of a strange looking reel and he was going to give it away as a "door-prize" until I hollered, "Whoa, wait a minute!" 

I suggested to Scotty we try and find out just what he has before giving it away.  This thing looks like it could be worth a few extra bucks, which would be great for the fund raising effort of the Blue River Association. 
For the life of me I cannot remember the correct name of the reel, but I do remember it started with a G and has five letters.  I want to say Gotel or Goble, or something like that.  I'll get more info on the name and make another post.  It's a large arbor sucker for sure and has a drag system. 

It's mounted on one of those steel telescoping rods and the name of the rod is Bristol.  It has a cork handle on it.

So, any of you reel experts know what this unusual looking contraption is... please let me know. 

No comments: