Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Final Steps For The Classic

It has been over two weeks since I last had the pleasure of stepping into the beautiful Blue and chase the Rainbows.  Keeping me from the river is a combination between work and weather.  We are now in recovery where I live from the snow storm that hit us on Sunday and we are bracing for a wave of storms coming our way beginning tonight. 

 
 
I'm missing the river so badly, I would welcome a bitter cold day and hard walk up "Heart Attack Hill" in the south wilderness.  However, work is keeping from even doing that.
 
So, I've been making good use of being weathered in and getting the final few things done for the Blue River Fly Classic.  There is still score cards to be sized and then packed into Ziploc bags along with assorting 100 flies, fixing them on foam, placing them in a sealed cup and also throwing them into the Ziploc bag, along with an ink pen.
 
Today, I printed the certificates for the top three finishers at the Classic and after work today I will acquire some nice frames for them. 
 
 
Still lots to do and as it's looking right now I'll have plenty of idle time to get things done. 


No comments: