Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Big Bow Arrives Home


The November bow I was lucky enough to land during the trout derby has been in Sherman, Texas since the last week of November. Today she arrived home.

A young taxidermist named Rusty Ponder mounted this bow and I couldn't be more delighted with Rusty's work so naturally I am going to plug him. If you would like to see some of Rusty's creations then you can visit him at his website Ponder Taxidermy.

Although I have caught some very nice fish in my lifetime I never considered having any of them mounted until this one. This bow is the one that won Susie's derby memorial award for me one time and one time only which is what I wanted. I am very proud that my name will be on her plaque along with the likes of Chris Adams, Bruce Dixon, and other members of the Blue River Fly Fishers. I hope to fish long enough to see many more familiar names on Susie's plaque. Donn Rist is certainly due as is James Webster and there are so many others I hope will win the award someday.

The bow is going in the fly tying room which is quickly becoming a fly fishing museum. Someday I will get it all organized...maybe.

No comments: