Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Saturday, February 9, 2008

What Not To Do At Blue

You might think you're having a bad day because your line has a bad case of the curls. If so, just take a little time and look around.

This poor guy was either having a bad day or had a really bad night.

Incriminating evidence was spotted by Carol and myself as we walked by the scene of the accident. A Keystone beer can rest in the console...guess the guy was in a hurry to get away once he realized he was a little on the upstream side.


Shortly after Carol and I walked by the car, here came Scotty McCarthick and sidekick Luke Marshall with the owner of the vehicle. Scotty and Luke were on a good Samaritian mission. Luke brought his flat-bed truck with power wench on back. They made several attempts to wench that car out of the river but it was not to be a mission accomplished.

From my vantage point I could tell the entire front end of the vehicle was bottomed-out and I kept wondering if the oil pan was compromised? I guess four quarts of oil is not a lot of oil but it's more than I want to see in Blue River.

Later on the car was removed from the river by a much larger tow or wench truck. I was fishing off of Chuck's Ledge and that is when I kept noticing that each time my fly line hit the water there was a dispersal of something that definitetly didn't mix with water. Hopefully it was just my line conditioner and not motor oil for that would be a bad thing for the owner of the car and a bad thing for the river.

No comments: