Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear Carp - A Long Time Coming

Dear Carp,

It has been well over two weeks since I come to you last.  My reason for not visiting with you is the same as usual.  My employment is keeping me away from you and your kind.  With a new project under my wing at work I find myself in a do or die situation.  Unfortunately, I have no choice but to see the new project to a path of success and have given my word to do just that.  So, my time in coming to you may very well be scattered and scant.

It still seems the rain fall cannot find us.  In the last two weeks there have been many promises of rain but simple traces have been delivered.  They say that this situation is a cycle, but I would argue that the cycle we are experiencing has been far extended past the usual length of a drought. 

It pains Charlie, Van, and yours truly to see you in such a situation.  Drought is not good for fish nor man, but you are the ones that will suffer the most.  We will continue to hold out hope that the good rains will come soon.

Today, as I stepped at the threshold of your home, I spotted a feeding carp in the upper shallows.  I sent out a yellow bug like the Aftermath and he tried to eat it, but I missed an easy hook set.  A few seconds later I saw another of your citizens and he too liked the yellow bug and this time the hook set was good. 



 
 
Perhaps I will get to visit with you again sooner rather than later. 
 

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Love those waters Barry, it looks at our news desk that rain surrounds you but just missing, good luck with that.

Gregg