Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Just An Idea

I've never known or learned of a fly-fisher on Blue that has got into serious trouble while on an outing at the river.

However, with accidents being accidents we never really know when one is coming our way. Being an optimist I hate to even suggest such a thing could happen at Blue but I never let my optimism outweigh the realism.

So I'm suggesting that you add one thing to your fly-fishing arsenal if you haven't already done so. It's a simple device called the whistle.

I would think that a whistle would go a long way in case of a slip and broken leg or a slip and bump on the head, waders full of water hanging onto a clump of alders. Even when we buddy fish we often get good distances from the buddy and the sound of a whistle will travel far.

I've worn a lanyard for years and love how effective they've been for me so a whistle is fixing to go on the lanyard as soon as I can find one.

There is one company in New Mexico that makes a nice lanyard and the whistle is included.



The lanyard with accessories above is available from Fly Dawg. You might want to check it out.

No comments: