Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, September 20, 2010

Carp On The Fly Catchin' On


Last night I received a most wonderful fishing report from brother of the angle Larry Middleton of Texas.  It seems that Larry has discovered the joys of carp on the fly and reports good success, which is evident from the pictures above.

Now, I probably shouldn't tell you where Larry caught this grand carp because he may not be through exploring that particular water.  I did ask Larry what pattern he used and he was indeed good to cough-up that precious piece of information.  Larry used the Sucker Punch and since that guru of carp on the fly Dave Speer (Longhair Dave) of the Dallas area created this fly, I'm sure it's okay to disclose said information. 

I believe we will see more of the fly fishing community turn to the carp as an alternative, especially as our prime water becomes more and more pressured.

Mucho thanks to Larry for sharing his story and the great pics.

And, let me go ahead and plug Larry while we're here. Check out his site at Floatpros.com
 

No comments: