Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Outdoor Gear

My, my, my... never a better Father's day have I had.  This year, instead of the usual tie, do-dads, knick knacks, or yet another set of pajamas... stuff I'll actually use came my way.
First, there was a new Lodge cast iron skillet.  Being a aficionado of cast iron I simply can't get enough of this wonderful utensil.  Simply cannot wait to lay some hickory smoked bacon in this skillet and start it on a long life of wonderful seasoning flavors.
And then... there was this.  For a long, long time I've been hoping for a survival metal match and today I received one.  But, but... this isn't any ordinary metal match - it's custom made, complete with a deer antler handle.  This wonderful and beautiful tool will produce some high intensity sparks.  All that will ever be needed, in addition to this tool, to start a fire is some good tender.

Show me the woods and campfire. 

Catch you in the woods.

Barry
 

No comments: