Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Taking Education To The Outdoors

This morning I received a dispatch from a lady sharing a just published blog post about education and the outdoors.  Basically, this article touts the benefits of taking the classroom to the woods and water. 

I believe there can be a number of benefits gained, and education can be enhanced by including the skills, thrills, and experience of the outdoors to students. 

I was lucky - my school system was located on the banks of Rock Creek.  At lunch hour you didn't see me in the cafeteria or down at the Dairy Queen.  Nope... I was on the creek and the creek became my outdoor classroom.  Looking back now, I wouldn't change a thing.

So, I feel obliged to include and pass on to all the readers and fans of the outdoors, this blog post entitled "11 Proven Benefits Of Outdoor Learning", and it reminds me of the outdoor programs the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife is encouraging in our school systems.

No comments: