Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Monday, November 1, 2010

They Leak Now!

You know that three year old, 300 plus outing non-leaking pair of LL Bean waders I'm always bragging about?  Well... they darn sure leak now. 

For some reason this past Saturday, while fly-fishing for those pretty fish, I decided to blaze my own trail through the woods.  Stupid thing actually - I could have simply waded across and taken the cleared and well-defined path on the other side.  I guess it was one of those native moments - you know... a Lewis and Clark thing. 

While frolicking through the woods, an outstretched tentacle of a green brier grabbed the leg on my waders and that gosh-awful sound rippppp... came to bear. Immediately, that "Aw crap" moment hit me, followed by thirty seconds of self talk, where I affirmed to myself what I already know - subject line "I am a dumb-ass."

The patch job is currently curing.  I'll test it this weekend at the fly-fisher get-together.

I don't know... I think exploring is a lot of fun.  There are so many spots on Blue River that fly-fishers have yet to search or discover.  One that comes to mind is on the far end of Area 1 and called the Rocking Chair.  In all my years, I've never seen a fly-fisher try and fish off the Rocking Chair.  This season, I'm going to give it a go.

Speaking of the fly-fishing fellowship this weekend on Blue, I want to once again make it clear this event is open to all in the fly-fishing community at Blue River. We just need to know how many to expect.

Coming into my ownership is a brand new six weight TFO rod that I got for a bargain basement price... thanks to my good friend Charlie Wright.  Also, a new 14 inch Lodge Dutch oven has been acquired and both the rod and the Dutch will have their christening at Blue River this weekend.

In the Dutch, I'm going to try sweet and sour chicken.  Fortune cookies included. 

No comments: