Blue River Fly Classic

Blue River Fly Classic
A One Pattern Fly Event

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chapter 58 Day 121 - Trout Season

Conversations With Carp - Charlie's Latest Dialogue

I've been miserable here of late.  Trout season at Blue River is quickly winding down and I cannot get to the water.  Being held captive by the block and mortar I stay sullen and cranky. 

The block and mortar feeds my family however, but you see the river feeds by soul and the soul is on a fast.  There is simply something wholesome about the woods and water.  I find nothing wholesome about block and mortar.

The only thing that has kept me remotely intact is Charlie's scouting and success reports.  Charlie came down with an early case of carp fever, but yesterday his temperature broke.

At the pasture we call Forty Foot, Charlie got his lasso around three different golden beeves.  Two would come to Charlie's hand for branding with the third breaking the tether.  I believe this is a first for Charlie also - catching carp in February that is.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Good for Charlie! Broken off! I think I remember you said you guys use lighter tippet than I do. Pretty picture.

Gregg